About Dr. Richard Eidelson DDS, FAGD
General & Cosmetic Dentistry
The Cosmetic Dentistry practice of Richard Eidelson DDS, FAGD in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is dedicated to serving the community by providing the best cosmetic dentistry and oral medicine to our patients. We understand that you will have questions about your dental needs and dental procedures. We are here to answer any questions you may have because we believe that the best patient is an informed patient. We will also tell you what cosmetic dentistry and smile makeover options are available. We work with many top healthcare professionals and dental specialists and can advise you when one is also needed. Our goal is to help return you to excellent oral health with as little inconvenience as possible. His office offers laser dentistry in a super high technology office. Only 3% of dentists have achieved the Fellowship status of the Academy of General Dentistry.
Richard V. Eidelson graduated Temple University School of Dentistry and has maintained a private practice for over twenty years. He currently provides implant and cosmetic dentistry along with all other dental services. When he was an assistant clinical professor in oral medicine from 1996-1998 at Temple University School of Dentistry. He was Vice President of Temple University School of Dentistry's Alumni Board. He has recently received a Fellowship Award from the Academy of General Dentistry. In 2015, Dr. Eidelson was an adjunct clinical professor of Restorative Dentistry at Kornberg School of Dentistry
Dr. Richard Eidelson graduated UCLA's postgraduate certificate program on implant dentistry in 2004. In 1999, he graduated the certificate program in Aesthetic Dentistry from the University of Minnesota. He has participated in the Harvard School of Dental Medicine's Professional Development Program.
In 2017, Dr. Eidelson was part of a team of 25 top dentists from all over the United States who travelled to Santo Domingo, where they performed 800 dental implants and oral surgeries for one week to help patients in need.
In 2018, Dr. Eidelson created the CIL Institute (Communication Internet Learning for Dentists). He also Developed the Philly Dental Splash, an exclusive event, attended by educators, prominent speakers and dental companies from across the USA.
Dr. Eidelson is a father and a concerned member of the community. He served as president of the Rotary Club of Bala Cynwyd-Narberth in 1999-2000 where he initiated many new projects. He also is a former member of The Cosmetic Consortium, Eastern Dental Society, The Academy of General Dentistry and The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
What does F.A.G.D. stand for?
Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry or F.A.G.D. is an award earned by dentists passing a four hundred question exam and must have a minimum of five hundred approved continuing education credits. A council of the Academy of General Dentistry reviews each individual application for the Fellowship Award as standards of the Academy of General Dentistry must be met on dental education before continuing the award process. Obtaining the Fellowship Award is a challenge however, it is a great achievement. FAGD dentists provide top quality dental care for patients through their continuation of education, learning new techniques and latest developments in dentistry.
Certification and Professional Memberships
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Oral Medicine 1996-1998, Temple University School of Dentistry
- Adjunct Clinical Professor of Restorative Dentistry 2015, at Kornberg School of Dentistry
- Appointed Director of Dental Services 1998, Simpson House
- Past Vice President, Temple University School of Dentistry Alumni Board
- Former member, Cosmetic Consortium
- Member, Eastern Dental Society
- Member, Academy of General Dentistry
- Member, Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Aesthetic Dentistry Post Graduate Certificate, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Department of Continuing Education
- A-Z Implant Dentistry Post Graduate Certificate, UCLA University
- Prestigious Dawson Center Occlusion TMJ Studies Sept 05
- Certified, Nash Institute in Veneer Dentistry
- Certified from World Clinical Laser Institute
- Created the CIL Institute (Communication Internet Learning for Dentists)in 2018
- Developer of the Philly Dental Splash, a prestigious event attended by educators, prominent speakers and dental companies from across the USA, 2018
- Director, University City PA Dental: 3508 market St.
Why Come To Main Street Dental?
- Open Saturday
- New Patient Specials
- 24/7 Emergency Dentist
- On-Site Lab
Dr. Eidelson was rated Philadelphia's #1 Top-Rated Cosmetic Dentist
by the Philadelphia Yellow Pages Top Ranked Businesses.