Dental Crowns & Bridges
3-D Imaging Comes to Dentistry! Lifelike Dental Crowns in An Hour
Depending on the type of treatment you have received for your dental problem, it might be necessary to:
- Have your tooth restored to its original size and shape
- Supply additional physical support for the treated tooth
- Get a complete "makeover" on the affected tooth
While inlays and outlays cover the chewing surface of the tooth and fillings fill in the empty interior space of the tooth, crowns completely cover every visible part of the tooth - which is why they are sometimes referred to as "caps." A part of your tooth remains but is essentially "rebuilt" to resemble the tooth at its exterior best.
While porcelain crowns certainly can improve the look of a tooth or multiple teeth, it is recommended only in conjunction with prior repair of the tooth - not simply for cosmetic purposes.
For more information or to receive a free patient interview, please contact us.
If you want to fill the space left by a missing or removed tooth, a dental bridge might be the solution you've been looking for. There are several types of dental bridges to choose from.
- Cantilever bridges are used to replace a tooth that does not have supporting teeth on both sides of the affected area.
- Maryland bonded bridges include artificial teeth and gums, and are held in place by a metal frame.
- Traditional bridges are the most common, and literally bridge the gap of an empty tooth space by securing a false tooth using crowns on the teeth on either side.
The procedure requires three visits to our office, and involves first preparing the teeth that will support the bridge. We do this by shaping them to make room for the device and fitting them for crowns. Then, on the next visit, we bond the crowns to the supporting teeth, and molds are taken for the actual dental bridge.
On your third and last visit, we will affix a dental bridge to the supporting crowns. Then, you can go ahead and smile!
Why Come To Main Street Dental?
- Open Saturday
- New Patient Specials
- 24/7 Emergency Dentist
- On-Site Lab
Dr. Eidelson was rated Philadelphia's #1 Top-Rated Cosmetic Dentist
by the Philadelphia Yellow Pages Top Ranked Businesses.