White Dental Fillings
Cavities are fixed with tooth colored fillings
For over 150 years, cavities were filled with a mixture of metals, including silver and mercury. It was perfectly normal to see dark grey areas in someone's mouth when they laughed.
But today, you can get your cavities, as well as any other smaller hollow areas in your teeth, filled with tooth colored / white fillings. The material we use is made from resins that are matched to your tooth's color - so they become invisible when applied.
Dental fillings also provide an excellent seal on the affected area, so that tooth decay can be prevented. The factors that go into our decision to use fillings include:
- The size of the area that needs to be filled
- The location of the affected area in the mouth (i.e., a tooth that is heavily relied on for chewing)
- Allergies the patient might have
- The preference of the patient regarding the use of metals in the mouth
- Whether it is necessary cosmetically to have a tooth-colored filling
We want your smile to be as natural as possible. By using white fillings, any cavities are virtually invisible.
Why Come To Main Street Dental?
- Open Saturday
- New Patient Specials
- 24/7 Emergency Dentist
- On-Site Lab
Dr. Eidelson was rated Philadelphia's #1 Top-Rated Cosmetic Dentist
by the Philadelphia Yellow Pages Top Ranked Businesses.